Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hello World Wide Web

For years my parents have encouraged me to keep a diary. Neither the sparkly, pastel Lisa Frank diary I received as a seven year old nor the pedantic, leather bound volume I received as I entered adulthood caught my fancy. The idea of concretizing my thoughts in written form has always seemed incredibly daunting and awfully enduring. The pressure of having something more profound to record than how I feel and a list of my daily activities has always been overwhelming. Consequently, I have never kept a diary, but I am able to observe my maturation through the varying styles of journals I keep stashed under my bed.


Over the past few years however, I have found myself attempting to relay my thoughts on current events and contemporary issues to any audience, whether or not the individuals present care to know my opinions on health care reform, Twilight, or the brilliance of the Blackberry. Instead of continuing to express myself to small and sometimes unwilling crowds, I have decided to overcome my fear and put my thoughts into writing.


In blogging, my goals are twofold. Firstly, I hope that by forcing myself to organize my thoughts into comprehensive compositions, I will become better informed and more precise in my beliefs. I also hope that in releasing my thoughts into the vast and global reaches of the internet I can challenge others with my assessments and valuations and perhaps succeed in having some mildly profound influence on the way others view the world.

My successes today are relatively basic: With the help of friends, I have succeeding in formatting my first blog. I have introduced myself to the World Wide Web and I am one post away from sharing my thoughts and contemplations with the world.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to sharing many thoughtemplations with you in the future.
thoughtemplation@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment